- Salary Range $20,000 - $30,000
- Experience Required 2-4 Years
- Early Childhood Industry Area Child Care
- Minimum Qualifications CDA/Other Certificate
Are you looking to be a teacher and not just a babysitter?
Are you looking for purpose and the ability to provide that to others?
Are you looking for high standards and a place that expects that of others?
Kiddie Academy of Missouri City (KAMC) is a COGNIA accredited early educational childcare that prepares our students for life. We are not a daycare, we are a school, and are looking for teachers that want to positively impact the lives of their students!
Reasons Why You Would Love Working Here!
- Industry leading employee benefits, including paid sick pay, paid time off (PTO), paid breaks, generous employee discounts and referrals, and more!
- Frequent online and in-person professional training to improve and develop your capabilities and skills as a teacher!
- Gain experience and knowledge in a COGNIA and NAEYC accredited school (both achieved soon)!
- Lower teacher to student ratios and time provided to accomplish classroom goals!
- Ensure proper supervision of students at all times, including during times of instructions, meals, naps, playtime, and bathroom breaks.
- Prepare and implement innovative classroom lesson plans accommodating for the diversity and needs of each individual student.
- Ensure that the appearance, cleanliness, and safe environment of the classroom is appropriately maintained.
- Complete necessary paperwork, to include, daily notes, student accident reports, classroom newsletter, attendance reports, student assessments, Ages and Stages Questionnaire (ASQ), etc
- Prepare for, Attend, participate, and assist with staff meetings, academy events, and parent meetings.
- Utilize observations and assessments to ensure age-appropriate growth and provide feedback when social, emotional or mental issues arise.
- Maintain and keep current the classroom’s family information board, bulletin board, and children’s work displays.
- Must meet, or be able to meet, all State requirements for the position, including a clear background check and CPR certification.
- Must be reliable. Reliability and consistency is critical to the instruction and care of young children.
- Must be able to lift no less than 40 pounds on a consistent basis throughout the workday to at least waist high.
- Prefer 3+ years of teaching experience in a childcare, prek (pre-k), preschool (pre-school), academy, or daycare (day care) in a traditional or Montessori program.
- A Child Development Associate Certification or Associates degree or higher in early education strongly preferred.
- Cognia (AdvancED) and/or NAEYC experience highly desired.
We expect a lot from our teachers and staff, but high standards result in a quality team that have the same goals, support each other’s growth, can depend on each other, and most importantly educate children to be the best they can be. We are a family and are looking for the best to join that family.
Pay will be commensurate with education and experience.